Phil Timyan is a private investor, hedge fund manager, and blogger with over 25 years professional experience in community bank stocks investment and shareholder activism. Over the years, he has filed 13-Ds in ALGC, HRTB, FSVB, GSLA, RFSV, COMB, RYFL, and CWBC. In 2003, he helped recap COMB by buying a 9.9% stake and joining their Board until its sale in 2006 to SUPR. In 2012, he was part of an investor group that recapped CFIS, and personally served on the Board until the bank's sale in 2015 to WTFC. He is currently serving on the boards of RYFL and Royal Bank.
Since his graduation in the 1980s with a BA in General Business Administration and an MBA in Finance from Michigan State University, his career has included stints as:
- Registered Representative for Oppenheimer & Co in Chicago, IL
- Securities Analyst for Feshbach Bros./Stockbridge Partners in Palo Alto, CA
- Securities Analyst/Portfolio Manager for GW Ringoen & Co in San Francisco, CA
- Founder of two hedge funds, Sands Point Partners LLC and Riggs Qualified Partners LLC
- Contributing author for a number of professional publications, including Seeking Alpha